Types of Messages
The Hub Messaging System will transmit messages using landline and cellular telephone options. The registration page enables community members to create a user profile which will specify the message types that the community member wishes to receive and restrict the types that are not desired. E-Alert will send informative messages ranging from city events to safety notifications and emergency incidents. The following are examples of message types that will be delivered:
- Community Events
- Information Alerts
- Exisiting Amber Alerts
- Missing Persons
- Emergency Incidents
- Neighbourhood Crime Alerts
- Threats to School Safety
- Public Warnings
- Crime Prevention Information
How Do I Register?
Residents and business owners within the city of Calgary who wish to enroll in The Hub Messaging System are provided with two registration methods as described below:
- You can register online, complete a hard copy form available online or at your local police district office. You will be required to create a Hub Messaging user profile by completing all required fields on the registration form.
- Your user profile will increase the speed in which the system delivers messages, and will identify the geographic area where the messages are to be delivered. You also have the option to edit your online user profile or unsubscribe at any time.
- To unsubscribe, simply go your registration page, open your user profile and select the unsubscribe button at the bottom of the page. Your information and all identifiers will be removed and subsequent messages will not be delivered.
- To change an existing user profile, login to your user profile and make the appropriate changes and click save. The changes will occur immediately.
**Note** In the case of technical difficulties, please DO NOT call the Calgary Police Service Emergency (911) or Non-Emergency (403-266-1234) numbers. Instead, send an email to email@example.com. (See FAQs for more info).
What To Expect
- Phone Message Option
- Community members who select messages to be delivered to their home or cellular telephone will receive calls from The Hub Messaging System with a pre-recorded message. If the telephone is not answered, Hub Messaging will leave a message at the end of the voice mail greeting.
- Text Message Option
- Community members who choose the text to be delivered to their home or cellular telephone will receive calls from Hub Messaging on their cellular or smart phone devices. Please note your phone carrier may charge you for incoming text messages.
- E-mail Message Option
- Community members are able to choose to receive email notifications sent to an e-mail address.
Who Will Receive Messages
The Hub Messaging System is available to all community members who work or live in the city of Calgary, or within the local calling area. Long distance numbers will not be accessible and messages will not be delivered to these numbers.
Community members signing up for The Hub Messaging System, dependent upon the mode of messages receipt, will require:
- A telephone and/or cellular telephone number that is currently in service and/or a valid email address for receiving messages
- A valid e-mail address
- A local Calgary address
Terms of Participation
Subscribers will be required to accept terms of participation prior to the commencement of message delivery. Please refer to the "Terms of Participation" on the Hub Messaging Register page.