Terms of Participation
You acknowledge and accept:
- All personal information provided through the registration process will be used solely for the purpose of enrolment in the Hub Messaging System and stored on a Calgary Police Service (CPS) secured server.
We are asking you to create an account and register using your full name, address, phone number, and email address, so that we know who we are communicating with and what kind of information to share with you. In particular, information distribute is often geographically based.
The Calgary Police Service also employs software programs to monitor network traffic and to identify unauthorized attempts to replace or change information, or otherwise cause damage. The software logs computer information such as IP address, as well as navigation and click-stream data of the computer that has contacted our server. We make no attempts to link this information with the identity of individuals visiting our site unless an attempt to damage the site is detected. Furthermore, IP information is never stored in the same database as individual names and addresses, and none of this information is disclosed outside of the Calgary Police Service’s personnel.
IP information would only be linked to an individual in exceptional circumstances such as where the integrity of our website is compromised. In such a case, a warrant would be required to access this information for investigative reasons. Alternatively, the personal information retrieved under a warrant might potentially eliminate someone as a suspect.
- You shall not use The Hub Messaging System to:
- register any user that does not have your express permission
- impersonate any person or entity, including , but not limited to, a CPS official, forum leader, guide or host, or falsely state or otherwise misrepresent your affiliation with a person or entity
- forge headers or otherwise manipulate identifiers in order to disguise the origin of any Content transmitted through the Service
- interfere with or disrupt the Service or servers or networks connected to the Service, or disobey any requirements, procedures, policies or regulations of networks connected to the Service
- intentionally or unintentionally violate any applicable municipal, provincial or federal law(s) or regulation(s)
- You are responsible for payment of any service fees associated with receiving e-mails, text messages and/or voice messages. In addition, there may be a cost for the receipt of a message, depending on your carrier’s cell phone package, which you are responsible for payment of.
- The City of Calgary, The Hub Messaging System, Calgary Police Service, licensor of the software, and their agents cannot and will not guarantee the delivery or the timing of any delivery of any message, mis-delivery or failure to store any user communications or personalization settings, wholly, or in part.
- The Calgary Police Service reserves the right at any time to modify or discontinue, temporarily or permanently, the Service (or any part thereof) with or without notice. You agree that the City of Calgary and CPS shall not be liable to you or to any third party for any modification, suspension or discontinuance of the Service.
- The City of Calgary, The Hub Messaging System, Police Service, licensor of the software, and their agents are not liable for the failure of the delivery or storage of any part of any message, or for any delay in the receipt of any message for any reason. The user holds harmless, the City of Calgary, CPS, licensor of the software, and their agents.
- To indemnify and hold the City of Calgary, The Hub Messaging System, Calgary Police Service, and its subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, agents, co-branders or other partners, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, made by any third part due to or arising out of Content you submit, post, transmit or make available through the Service, your use of the Service, your connection to the Service, your violation of the Terms of Participation or your violation of any rights of another.
- The Hub Messaging System, Calgary Police Service, and their respective logos, trademarks and service marks, are trademarks of the Calgary Police Service. Without the prior permission of the Calgary Police Service, you agree not to display or use these marks in any manner.
- You may only rebroadcast a message sent through the Service in its exact, unmodified form and in its entirety. Also, that the Calgary Police Service reserves the right to prohibit the rebroadcast of any message or portion thereof.
- It is your responsibility to sign-up for the service and ensure your information remains current. You may choose to unsubscribe to this service at any time by entering the User ID profile through the citizens web page and be selecting the “Unsubscribe” button. All personal identifiers will be deleted.